Organizing Your Home
Well-decorated rooms depend on a sharp sense of order, but living in a clutter-free environment requires a mastery of organization. Stylish staging can combat the “Ooh, I’ve got too much stuff!” shriek. Making life look glamorous and carefree is everything but. So here a few tips to make your things looks more like the staff at Buckingham’s or your decorator ran through your place.
– Keep decorative pillows and throws at a minimum, or pile them layer after layer on a deep sofa and never place them on benches or seats where they will likely fall down on the floor.
– To accommodate the ever-growing issues of magazines, you needn’t build anymore shelving or buy a new armoire, but rather create neat stacks under the coffee table, or consoles…you might even pile up a stack high enough to use as a table with a lamp to top it off.
– Gather framed photographs on one table or surface mixed in with things such as candlesticks and floral vases. Never display photos on coffee tables, these should be always kept free of tchotchke, except for your cup of coffee, cocktail or your feet.
– China, crystal, silverware and linens should be kept in a clean confined cabinet free from dust.
– Hang beautiful and unusual serving platters on a wall in your kitchen or dining area.
– Dedicate one drawer to storing your candles and other fragrant oils and potpourri.
– Top shelves in a closet are the perfect home for floral vases and other small accessories.
– Buy a bed that’s at least 11″off the floor allowing for storage bins below (perfect for off-season clothing or bedding). Add a long bed skirt and you’ve practically got another room.
swipe to next pageCopyright 2017 Creators Syndicate Inc.